The weekend was exhausting. The heat has my mom and me really tired. And then there was packing. I have emptied my 4 bookcases. Almost all my books are packed. It took forever. And we made some other progress, but there's still so much to do. My mom signed the lease this morning (or that was the plan, I haven't talked to her, so I can't say for sure).
This week, I tell the folks at work that I'm leaving. There have been many funny/uncomfortable law-related moments at work recently. Like last week, when my supervisor (who is applying to law school) and I walked into the convention center just as the bar exam let out for a lunch break. And then when we bumped into one of my friends, who was taking that bar exam, and he asked me, "Don't you have law school plans?" Luckily, this wasn't a problem--it's a long, long story....
I'm getting pretty excited about the approach of law school. I've had two "first day of school" dreams about Harvard recently. Both were actually a little stressful. In one, the transit wasn't working right. In the other, we had a test on the first day of class. So maybe I'm a little nervous.
I got a Jones soda the other day (actually bar exam day at lunch with my supervisor), and it had a fortune under the cap that said "The tide of change approaches." Funny.
The professor I'd like to do research with at Harvard wrote an op-ed on the judicial nomination stuff that is really good. Interestingly, she clerked at the same time as John Roberts, Bush's Supreme Court nominee. Professor Minow rocks!
Monday, August 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay for hearing updates...I'm glad your mom's move is over and breaking the news about law school was somewhat well-timed. Whew! Give me a call anytime (especially evenings or this weekend) if you've got time in your crazy schedule to chat.
I am Kate 1 :)
Post a Comment