Friday, August 26, 2005

My Life and It's Little Dramas

As I type, I am on hold with Harvard Health Services, who are saying they don't have record of my immunizations, even though I sent them in a week ago. I actually faxed them AND priority mailed a copy to them. I've been on hold 5 minutes now while the woman supposedly looks for my records. Aargh! Registration is in 6 days, and they don't know what they're doing. It's like dealing with Berkeley's financial aid department all over again.

Update: The woman took me off of hold, but remembered nothing of our conversation before. So I'm on hold again.

In other news, I finished up at work. They gave me a nice goodbye party, complete with champagne and cake. And a Harvard sweatshirt as a goodbye present. I'm actually a little sad to leave. I'll miss some of the people there.

Still haven't packed. Lots of unpacking to do at home.

Update: 3 minutes of holding later, "They're checking the paperwork." Back on hold.

I'm excited about going, but I'm soooooo sad about leaving California. I'll miss the weather, the place, the friends I'm leaving, and especially, my mom.

Update: 2 minutes later on hold, "We can't find your papers. But there's one more place to look." This time she gave me the option of them calling me back, but since she forgot me in 5 minutes, I think hold is safer.

Just 3 days to get everything done. Just 3 days til I go.

Last update for now: She cannot find my f***ing paperwork. Even though I spent 15 dollars to send 2 copies there! She says she'll call me Monday. Does anyone remember what Monday is? That's right, the day I'm flying across the country. I hate these people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arg! They do sound like they have their heads up their

as I told you earlier, we'll miss you a whole lot! Take care,
Marisela