I went to Berkeley on Thursday to see Ryan, who came up from LA for work. I had a good time and I also managed to take some photos of Strawberry Creek. I was mistaken for a student at least once. Overheard a hilarious conversation at Blake's. Some snippets:
"I was like a volcano, you know, those science fair volcanoes you had to build?"
"Everything instantly started fizzing inside of me."
"And I didn't get ANY on the floor! I didn't even have to rinse out the sink!"
I miss Berkeley.
The weather's nice today, and I'd love to be on a road trip. Today would be a perfect day for a trip to Sausalito or Monterey or even the Vacaville outlets.
My trip to Berkeley this time felt like a goodbye. The reality of moving away for the next 3 years really hit me. Everyone is moving on with their lives. It's a good thing, but part of me wants a time machine--just to visit the old days for awhile. So before I head off to Boston, I really want to get together with friends as much as possible. Life paths diverge, and I'd like at least one more chance to spend time with you. So if we haven't gotten together recently (or even if we have), let's hang out this summer. One more time.
Saturday, May 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Speaking of volcanoes - stolen from Jon Stewart - "the number one most dangerous volcano is the US is Vinegar Spring, located ominously in Baking Soda National Park. I wonder what happens when those two get together. Maybe we should do an experiment"
And speaking of puking...no, wait. I don't have any stories about that. To share.
Post a Comment