Sunday, May 15, 2005

I'm Not Moving to Pine Bluff

If you are interested, I definitely recommend this fun quiz on the best places for you to live based on your priorities. Thanks go to Kate W. for reminding me of this site. I'd taken the quiz before, but I just did it again cuz it's pretty cool.

Here are my top 20 cities (out of a list of 328):

1 San Francisco, CA
2 Boston, MA
3 Washington, DC
4 Long Island, NY
5 New York, NY
6 San Jose, CA
7 San Diego, CA
8 Oakland, CA
9 Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
10 Pittsburgh, PA

11 Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
12 Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
13 Baltimore, MD
14 Chicago, IL
15 Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA
16 Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY
17 Providence-Fall River-Warwick, RI-MA
18 Denver, CO
19 Syracuse, NY
20 New Haven-Meriden, CT

Every school that I applied to for law school was located in or very near one of the top 20 cities. A couple of other interesting numbers:

64 Sacramento, CA
208 Little Rock-North Little Rock, AR

My bottom city was Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Not surprising to me that Arkansas would make the bottom of my list. Actually, every city in the bottom 10 was either in the South or in California's Central Valley.

Kind of fun. And it pretty much just confirmed for me the places that I've always thought would be good places to live. And it's good to see Boston way up there on the list. =)

2 comments:

jimf said...

Hi Kami, interesting, SF and Boston were near the top of the list for me too!

However, I think much of the results weren't that accurate for me, because they don't really take into account my strong preference for living in a "multicultural"/big-city environment, nor do they factor in the politics of the cities.

Anyway, did I tell you I am going back to Berkeley for grad school (in City Planning)?

Hope you're well! When are you moving to Boston?
Jim Fung

Kami said...

Congrats, Jim! That's awesome--I miss Berkeley sooo much.

I'm moving to Boston at the end of August, though part of me wishes I could just stay out here. =)