Tuesday, May 10, 2005

New Obsessions

I just got through watching the season finale of "Veronica Mars." I got into this show late in the season, but it was oh-so addictive! I couldn't tear my eyes away for a second. If you are even a little into mysteries, I definitely recommend trying to catch this one in summer re-runs. For me it now ranks right up there near "The OC," and dare I say it, "Gilmore Girls."

"Veronica Mars" is almost consolation for the fact that "Joan of Arcadia" is gone. Well, at least I can look forward to the release of the upcoming movie, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." It has both Alexis Bledel from "Gilmore Girls" and Amber Tamblyn from "Joan," so I figure it must be good, right?

Speaking of movies, I'm terribly excited about "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." I mean, I loved that book. The only sad thing is that Johnny Depp is hardly recognizable in the movie. He's a little creepy, even. And it's so, so, so wrong to unbeautify his perfect face. I guess I'll just have to come home and watch "Chocolat" right afterwards. Thanks for that one, Kate.

And speaking of Kate, she just sent me some great music. I'm loving lots of what she sent, but especially Rob Thomas' new cd. Oh, and Richard Cleese's lounge music take on "What's My Age Again" (among other hits) is hilarious.

Going to Berkeley on Thursday. So many food options, so little time.

No comments: