Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Have a (Good) Problem

My problem is too much free time. Not right now; actually, I'm ridiculously busy these days.

But in October, HLS has a week known as "fly-out week." There are no classes for 2Ls and 3Ls because we are all expected to fly off to interviews for firms during the time. But I don't think I'll have any need to go fly to interviews (I'm only interviewing with one firm).

So the question is: what do I do with myself? All of my school friends will be gone, so sticking around here doesn't sound too fun. But I don't want to spend a lot of money travelling off somewhere. I could take a trip to somewhere nearby, but I don't really like the idea of doing that by myself either; I prefer travelling companions. I'm sure I'll come up with something (or, more likely, I'll end up spending the week holed up in bed watching dvds all day).

What would you do if you had one free week?

I could tell you all about all the gunk I have to do in the next few days, but I don't feel like thinking about it, let alone writing about it.

3 comments:

CM said...

Do you have any friends or relatives nearby? You could visit people.

You could spend some time hanging out in New York.

You could go on a yoga retreat.

You could read some non-law school books.

You could learn how to knit.

Anonymous said...

which week is it? perhaps there is a unique/fun event going on near you that you could snooker someone into attending.

you could do #36 on your list...or at least brainstorm things that would be out of character and doable within the week and why

you could easily do #10 by stalking old classmates / co-workers via myspace or friendster and then writing them

you could explore parts of Boston that you haven't seen before

if you wanted to be REALLY random, you could look on travelocity or orbitz for featured airline deals and see if there's a random trip waiting to happen (and possibly entice others to go)

you could go to www.43things.com and see what other people resolved to do and how they did it (when I saw this site, I thought of you)

ok, my comment is too long now...but it's to be continued whenever you want to chat or e-mail (except now, because I'm going to bed!)

Kami said...

Thank you both for the fun ideas! I really appreciate that you took the time to suggest things. =)

I don't really know many people within several thousand miles, so to visit someone would require a pretty serious trip.

And as for trips on my own, though it's still on the table, I've found that I'm not a huge fan of major travel alone. And pretty much all my friends here will be busy with fly-out week, while my other friends all have (gasp) jobs. =)

But I will definitely keep you posted as I decide!

P.S. Madam Anonymous: when I saw 43 things the 1st time, I thought of you!