Saturday, April 16, 2005

Tidbits from the Week

I had a 2nd round job interview yesterday. They still seem interested, but at this rate, I'll start in August. I hate not telling places about law school, but I sooooo need money. And it seems that it's pretty common cuz even my references said they'd done similar things.

Things have been pretty hectic around here. My mom had all kinds of artwork she had to get done this week. I had some homework, and I'm trying to get caught up on my photography. Wednesday, I was in SF for my orthodontist appointment.

I should hear where I'll be living next year within a week or so. Kind of excited about that. My options range from a tiny, box-like room in an ugly building to a former hotel with my own bathroom and tv. But the second one costs twice as much as the first. I figure fate will stick me in the right spot. Or if not, I'll have lots of things to complain about in my blog. The good news is no matter where I am, I'll have my own room.

Today is Picnic Day in Davis. It's UCD's annual open house. It starts with a parade (which I'm currently skipping), and has all kinds of activities. Some popular ones include the dauschund (sp?) races and the chemistry magic show. My mom and I usually hit the fashion show (UCD has a great textiles department), the quiz bowl demo, and the Battle of the Bands. Battle of the Bands is my favorite--marching bands from all over CA just hang out and play songs all day. The goal is to be the band that can keeping playing the longest. Usually, they have to stop around 10 or midnight cuz of the noise ordinance. So I'm gonna go get ready. Today should be good--for once, it isn't raining on Picnic Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kami,
glad to hear you've decided to go to HAAAVAAAAARD.

was the job interview with CAHSA?

tamsters