I guess I'm going to Harvard. I'm pretty sure that's my decision. I'll probably start feeling more excited about it soon; right now, I just feel a little sad about the idea of moving so far away.
But I've considered the options, and Harvard just seems to offer the best and broadest range of opportunities. Prestige-wise, it's hard to beat. Academically, it meets most all of my desires. Financially, its loan repayment program is the best in the country.
Yet, I'm afraid that I'll be homesick a lot (if only they could move Harvard to Northern California). I wish I didn't have to be 3,000 miles away from my mom. I'm not looking forward to the very, very long winters. But it's only 3 years, and I can spend my summers in California. I hope everyone will come visit me in Cambridge!
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just focus on cultivating an accent and you'll be fine.
According to my friend in law school here, you'd be crazy if you didn't go.
Of course, he also is the one who doesn't like to read. Take it as you will.
On a somewhat serious note, I think you should go there. You're right, it'd be hard to beat. You may not even have time to feel homesick :) Or you may just have more material for your blog....either way, if you go, I'll have a place to crash in/near Boston now!
Pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd.....Pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd...
See, I'm practicing the accent. =) It looks pretty definite now. I'll write more about that when I get a chance to post later tonight.
Congrats on coming to a decision, Kami!
Post a Comment