Didya watch the Oscars? I did, and I thought Chris Rock was great. I especially enjoyed his jokes about Bush. I did have a few complaints about the evening, though.
First, since when did the Oscars become the Beyonce show? She sang THREE freaking songs--and as far as I recall she wasn't in any of those movies... And about the whole dropping the last name thing, does anyone else think it's a little obnoxious to basically announce mid-way through your career that you are now such a huge star you don't need a last name anymore?
Also, I thought Sean Penn needed to work on his sense of humor. Yeah, Chris Rock made fun of Jude Law. But he also made fun of pretty much everyone else in the world, including himself.
Lastly, why oh, why, did Johnny Depp insist on covering up his lovely face with that beard? If I saw someone looking like that on a bus, I'd switch seats. But on the positive side, I heard Orlando Bloom talk with his real accent for the first time, and wow, was that hot.
Other stuff: Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone! I had a great b-day, and I'm adjusting to being too old for the Real World (thanks to Jen for pointing that one out).
I just pre-ordered Gilmore Girls Season 3 on dvd. It's due out in May. Woohoo!
And I have booked my trip to NY and Boston, with many thanks to Ryan for his brilliance at internet travel planning. I'll be there April 3-7th. The only downside is that I fly out from Sacto. at 11 pm on the 2nd and won't arrive in NY until 11 am on the 3rd. Then when I get back to Sacto. it'll also be around 11pm. So I may be a bit sleep deprived.
Monday, February 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment