Thursday, February 17, 2005

A Long Catch-up Post

So I know it's been approximately forever since my last post. My only defense is that I've been kind of stressed out b/c I've been trying to deal with a whole boatload of financial aid and scholarship applications. First, there were taxes. Then the FAFSA. Then the Need Access Application ($15 bucks each and required by several schools), and of course, individual schools' financial aid applications. Blah.

Um. I'm not sick anymore, which is good. I hurt my foot during or after the race (still don't know how), and so I limped around all last week. My foot is mostly better now, unless I walk or stand too long.

Went to San Francisco yesterday, and someone was smoking pot on the train! I didn't see them, but I definitely smelled them.

I like my classes, but some of the people in them seem to take photography a little too seriously. My evidence: 2 guys in my class today nearly got into a physical fight because one was mad that the other tracked mud into the photo studio. Geez.

Despite the fact that I'm turning a QUARTER of a CENTURY-old in 9 days, the rate of people thinking I'm twelve or so seems to be growing. Last week, a guy from CALPIRG on the UC Davis campus assumed I was in high school when I told him that I didn't go to school at UCD. Once he was assured I was an adult, he proceeded to hit on me. Yuck. An older fellow today who stopped me on the street to discuss my camera asked if I was enrolled in a high school photo class. My favorite, though: yesterday, the new receptionist at my orthodontist's office asked if I needed a note for missing class.

Maybe it'll slow down once the braces come off (sometime this summer). But I doubt it.

No comments: