"It's been a long December and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last."
New Year's is kind of like birthdays when we were little. I remember running to my mom on my birthday, asking, "Do I look older?" It's like we expect things to be inherently different just cuz we have to go buy new calendars. That's why I've never been particularly into New Year's celebrations, and I rarely make New Year's resolutions. It's just an arbitrary date.
Nevertheless, I can't shake the feeling that this might just be the best year ever. I don't have any especially good evidence. I just kind of believe it.
Things are quiet right now. I'm on break, but I'm looking forward to my new classes. I'll be taking 2 photography classes and a psychology course on "Love and Intimacy," so get ready to bring me all your relationship problems. I might even give you a discounted hourly rate. =)
I saw "Finding Neverland" the other day. Gosh, Johnny Depp is hot. It's funny; I've only recently realized how amazing-looking he is, though he's been famous for a long time. Guess it just goes to show that life is all about opening your eyes to what's right in front of you. I've been doing a lot of that lately on the personal front.
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
have you seen "fear and loathing in las vegas" ? johnny depp's in that too. i'm not a huge fan of the movie, but i'm grateful to it for giving me a true appreciation of exactly what the phrase "trashed hotel room" could imply.
--clara
PS -- as a bonus, after seeing the movie, you can drive to vegas with your favorite stoner friend and halfway there, turn to him/her and say "can't stop here! this is bat country!" and freak him/her out!
Ooh, no I haven't seen that one yet. But I'm trying to catch up on all the Johnny Depp movies I missed due to years of indifference. What was I thinking?
So I'll absolutely check that one out, but not just yet. I'm temporarily abstaining from all media that deals with Vegas (among other things)--it's a long story; trust me, you don't want to know.
Actually it has less to do with Vegas and more to do with drugs. But an interesting movie nonetheless. Gives you a real feel for his breadth of acting :)
I liked it. Not as much as spiders on LSD, but hey.
PS - no mudslides yet.
Out of Kahlua.
Seriously though - my neck of the woods is ok, no boulders/trees/sinkholes/mudslides/fires yet. Or tornadoes. Though there were some warnings inland a week or two ago...
Post a Comment