Yesterday was interesting. Ralph Nader was speaking in downtown Davis, and so I went to hear him speak. Actually, I wasn't so much interested in hearing Nader as in seeing Matt Gonzalez, who was supposed to introduce him. You may recall that I had (okay, have) a huge crush on Matt, who is only the best former San Francisco supervisor ever.
Well, Matt didn't show. But Nader did. So there I was at a nice big excuse for bashing the Democratic Party. And, oh, they did. Meanwhile, I brought my knitting along. And I guess this made me photogenic because all the tv cameras seemed drawn to me. So now I'm on record hanging out at a Nader love-fest.
Okay, it wasn't really that bad. I agree with a lot of his views on issues; I just haven't yet been convinced that the Greens have any *workable* plans to change things. I do respect Ralph Nader's work, but I felt like there were a lot of pointless gibes thrown at Democrats. And I'm not real convinced that Ralph Nader is the "Stephen Douglass of our era," as was claimed. But the all-female taiko drum group was awesome.
Oh, and even if you think that I'm full of crap about all this politics stuff, please go check out my aforementioned (see last post)Hillary Clinton blog, and leave comments! And tell your friends! Thanks, guys. =)
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment