Monday, August 30, 2004

A Travel Blog

No, I haven't gone anywhere, but I did take an exciting trip around the Blogosphere. Using Blogger's exciting new feature that allows one to go from blog to random blog, I explored several other web logs. I saw a variety of blog styles, all of which make me even more excited about the web production knowledge I'm gaining.

I was also amazed by the geographic and language diversity: there were bloggers from Japan, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, Korea, Mexico, Australia, the Dominican Republic, and TWO from Kansas (both at the University of Kansas--apparently a blogging hot spot). It was like the Olympics; I felt wrapped in the warmth of shared experience that bypasses national borders.

And it further fed my desire for real travel. I've been seized by an increased awareness of wanderlust recently. I always enjoy travel, but lately, I've been practically craving a trip to Europe.... Actually, with all the political problems in this country, I've momentarily seriously considered the idea of moving abroad. I just wouldn't know where to go or what to do. And I don't think I could live so far away from family and friends. So the solution is.... I need to start a colony of US expatriates, and just bring my close acquaintances and loved ones with me! Who's in? Heck, that's how America started!

No comments: