Hurrah! I finished my very first 5k race today! After 7 weeks of training, I accomplished my goal, and I'm pretty darned excited about it. My time was 35:11, and I finished 16th in my age bracket. I'm not sure exactly how many people were in my age bracket, though, so take that ranking with a grain of salt (but it seemed like there were a ton of people there, and my bracket was something like 20-34).
But I'm just happy to have finished (my goal), and in a respectable time. After the 5 and 10k people got back, they held a 1k kids race--it was so, so cute! Now, I just have to start training for the next one. I'm thinking of running a 5-miler in December.
On other fronts, I'm also very excited b/c I sent in my first law school application last week! One down, 7 to go....
Monday, September 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! Way to go!!
Thanks!
wow.. nice job kamaria... and in your crazy hot town..
-jen t,
congrats!
-clara
Post a Comment