As most of you know, I have braces. My orthodontist has me wearing elastic bands from the top teeth to the bottom to close my bite. But whenever I wear these elastics, after 4 hours my lips are swollen to twice their normal size, in tremendous pain, and they continue to be sore for days afterwards.
At first, I thought it was just the rubbing that irritated them. But I did some internet research, and now I think that I might have a "sensitivity" (one step below allergy) to latex. The ortho has sent me some new non-latex elastics, and as soon as my mouth recovers from the previous elastics, I'm gonna try those out. Hopefully, they'll solve the problem. If not, I may be wearing braces forever...
In other news, I started my new classes yesterday. So far, so good, but I look forward to the coming weeks when lots of students will drop out. It's waaaay too crowded on campus right now.
Don't you just LOVE the Olympics? I do; they make me so very, very happy. I'm trying to watch as close to all 226 hours NBC is showing as possible. On NBC's cable affiliates, they're airing over 1300 hours of coverage; it's probably a good thing I don't have cable. =)
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the elastics made my teeth hurt, but didn't cause any swelling. you're probably right about the allergy.
Post a Comment