It's amazing how busy an unemployed person can be. On Sunday, I went over to San Francisco to see Kate W. and her boyfriend Mike, who were visiting from the East Coast. It was a great visit, and I was very happy to finally meet Mike (I felt like I already knew him).
Meanwhile, back in Davis, I have had plenty on my plate. I've recently started training for a 5k (3.1 miles) race, and so I am trying to run 4 days a week. With 1 week down and 6 training weeks to go, I can comfortably run 1.2 miles. So I still have a ways to go in my training. Especially since I'd like to finish the race before the people with strollers get there.
I'm also trying to get law school application stuff planned out. This week, I secured my second person to write a letter of rec for me, so I'm feeling much better about that. I still have to request transcripts from 3 schools, get the applications, and start writing my personal statement. But at least I have time: I can't start applying until September 1st for the earliest schools.
And, of course, there's the job search. Today I went to an "audition" for Princeton Review Test Prep. I had to give a presentation to showcase my teaching style. I did "How to Become a Jeopardy Contestant." I enjoyed several of the other presentations, including "How to Play Texas Hold 'Em," "How to Splint a Broken Arm," and "Statistical Regressions." I should find out soon whether I made it to the next portion of the process, but it's very dependent on their test subject needs, so I don't have any clue whether I did.
Then there are all the millions of errands and tasks to do. For example, my cell phone currently refuses to charge. And I don't know why (Note: I can't check messages, so if anyone tries to call me on my cell, I won't know! Call my home phone instead...) So I will be taking a fun trip to the AT&T store tomorrow to see if they can help me figure that out. Is it the phone? Is it the charger? Is it just the universe messing with me again?
And my community college classes will be starting in a couple of weeks. Then things will most likely be even busier. Especially if I actually get a job one day. I just wish I had an unpaid intern or something to do all the stuff I don't want to do. Any applicants?
Monday, July 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My old phone did that too. I had to wedge the charger into the jack and hold it in there to keep the phone on while I tried to call Nate (from a grocery store bathroom nonetheless) and find out where in San Diego (tarnation sounds better) he was. Good thing I wasn't frustrated from driving for 6 hours....hmmm
could be the battery.
-clara
Post a Comment