This entry is dedicated to Noah, mostly because he made me agree to write the contents of this first paragraph. First of all, Noah asks that I clarify to all that when I stated that I would be taking classes in the fall but would not be taking tennis until at least fall, I was referring to two different educational systems. My design class and web production classes are taught at community college in Sacramento, while the tennis classes are taught through the city of Davis. Is that clear enough, Noah? Second, Noah wanted me to point all my readers to the "Other" section on the poll results, wherein you will find a humorous response. I'd say more, but then I'd ruin the surprise.
Another semi-Noah related topic, which illustrates a problem in my life: I had fun today hanging out with Noah, then Noah and Shelley, and later, Noah and his girlfriend Christina. Noah and I were in Ace Hardware, and I was telling him that I need to buy a lock for my locker, since I'm taking that design class.
Noah said, "What, are you taking metal working, or something?" Next thing I know, this guy comes over and asks if I'm taking a metal working class. He tells me that he has taken several metal working classes but has just moved here, and he doesn't know where to take one in the area. I explain that I'm not taking metal working, but wanting to be helpful, I suggest a place he might be able to take one.
After this guy walks away, Noah says that the guy was hitting on me. Now this guy was really very cute, but the thought that he was hitting on me never even crossed my mind. The point of this story: how will I ever find another boyfriend if I can't even tell if a guy is flirting with me??? Yeesh, at this rate, I'll never even find another date!
Now I'm wondering if people have been hitting on me left and right, and I've never even known it...yeah right, I'm sure that's it. So advice please: how can I tell if someone's hitting on me?
Friday, July 30, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I'm not the best person to answer this question, since you've been the one to remind me of a few hittings-on (hmm, is that pluralized like mother-in-law or regular nouns...) at concerts, parties, and I've forgotten wherelse. A few obvious things I've seen:
-Buying you drinks
-Persistent eye contact
-Talking about the weather after the above 2
-Insistence that you drink more
-Asking about your interests/boyfriend status
-Making science jokes (or other jokes relating to your major)
-Refusal to stop dancing with you back even when you grab your nearest girlfriend and dance with her
Many of these are mistaken as hitting on someone when it's really someone just trying to meet people, but sometimes they aren't. Boy, wasn't that unhelpful :)
Post a Comment