Friday, July 16, 2004

Disparate Collection of Thoughts

1. No one answers my poll questions. But I'm putting on a new one tonight anyways.

2. I miss my tv shows. "The OC" won't be back until November. I've been making the rounds of shows I wouldn't normally watch. "Summerland" (Tues, 9 pm, WB) is passable at best. It certainly doesn't make up for no new "Everwood" or "Gilmore Girls" episodes, though. I've discovered "Tru Calling" (Thurs, 9 pm, Fox), which reminds me of "Early Edition" (if anybody remembers that show). I'm enjoying it, but "The North Shore" (Thurs, 8 pm, Fox) is appallingly bad. And to think they tried to advertise it as this year's "OC!"

But what really sucks is that the stupid Sacto. CBS affiliate shows "Joan of Arcadia" at 7 pm instead of 8 on Fridays. My mom is a big fan of "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune", which air at the same time. So much for watching Joan...

3. I wish I had a digital camera so I could post pics on here. But I'm not allowed luxury purchases like that til I get out of the unemployment line. I also wish that all the nice Blogger text editing features worked on my Mac. I can't even put something in bold unless I do it manually with HTML. Ugh. Guess my blog won't be getting prettier any time soon.

4. I signed up for fall classes. I'm taking a class in Web Production and one in Design. Maybe one day I'll create the next Google. Only prettier. And then I'll become a millionaire.

I almost signed up for a tennis class too, but then I remembered that tennis courts get around 10 degrees hotter than the actual temperature, which is kind of a problem when one is running around in 100 degree weather. Maybe in the fall.

5. A funny quote from Debbie Reynolds (the actress who was in Singin in the Rain): "I thought by now I'd be retired and rich, but I kept marrying idiots." (She's 72, and still touring with a one-woman show.)

6. I can't wait for football season to start up! The Olympics should be good too, although I prefer the Winter Olympics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my current favorite show is the paris hilton reality show. 'cause she and her fried remind me of some of the people we went to high school with at SF...

i've also been watching the south park marathon that's been on for the past couple of days, but i've seen all the episodes so far, so it's not as fun as i hoped.

back to my buffy dvds!

Kami said...

Oh come on, Paris and Nicole are at least *a little* worse than those SF girls.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to post anonymously. It seems like the hip thing to do. And I'm way hipper than anybody. (Gee, I hope nobody figures out who I am.)

Time for a handball match,
Anonymous

Tee Hee