Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Black Friday

Ah, the day after Thanksgiving. First we gorge ourselves on delicious food, then we go start the real consumption. I considered hitting the mall (I love me some H&M), but I'm resisting temptation. Instead, I'm sitting at home with plans to finish up one of the several papers I have to do.

The semester is wrapping up for me. Since I have no finals (just papers....lots and lots of papers), I'll be done quite early. Because of this, I'm going to be away from Boston for seven whole weeks straight this winter.

Well, technically, 3 of those weeks will be spent in Austin, TX, earning academic credit. We have a 3-week winter term during January. I'm going to do clinical work--real legal work--at a place that does death penalty appeals. I'll keep working with them from here in the spring.

Anyhow, I'm happy to skip as much of the New England winter as possible. I don't know if there will be much of it to miss, though, since so far, global warming seems to be sending a message. With any luck, we'll be sunbathing in February.

2 comments:

CM said...

I didn't know you could do pro bono work for winter term credit! Did you have to do anything special to arrange that?

Kami said...

I'm doing it with a class--specifically, Steve Bright's Advanced Criminal Procedure.

But you can also sign up for independent clinical credit. In fact, they even help offset travel and lodging costs, if necessary. I think you just have to talk to the clinicals office about it.