I've decided that December will be the month that I tackle frightening #30 on my list: getting rid of 2 things for every 1 that I buy for a month.
There are some exceptions. I will still be buying birthday and Christmas presents (though I'm hoping to make purchases that are socially just). I'm also not counting travel, food, or medicine.
I will also have the option of coming up with creative ways to re-use unnecessary items instead of getting rid of them (ie. using my old shirts to create wall art so I didn't buy art).
I am hoping to start making choices that simplify my life and allow me to live more in line with my principles. I need to start grocery shopping instead of eating out so much. I really should start cooking and eating fewer processed foods.
I really want to take seriously Gandhi's exhortation that we ought to be the change we want to see in the world.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment