Friday, April 14, 2006

Winding Down

The school year is getting near it's close, and this kind of scares me. While I'm looking forward to summer, I'm not looking forward to studying for finals. Also, I realize that I will truly miss a lot of the people out here. On the bright side, I'll get to see a lot of people I'm missing now on the West Coast. That's the thing about having friends all over the place: it's a glass half-full/empty scenario cuz you're always away from some of them but always near others.

Making lots of plans for the next school year. We register for classes soon, so I've been picking those out. I also hope to fulfill the writing requirement next year (it's usually called the 3L paper b/c most people do it their last year). I'm excited about the classes I've found, and I'm actually really looking forward to doing my own legal history research. In terms of classes, I'm most excited about the clinical that I hope to take. Clinicals are opportunities to do actual legal practice, and the one I want to do would allow me to work on a real death penalty appeal. Amazing.

In school activities, next year I will be vice prez of the Multiracial Law Students Association (mlsa). We're really just trying to get it off the ground right now (it existed before but did very little), but I'm hoping it will be an awesome organization. In addition, I'm currently applying for the Board of Student Advisors (bsa), which would allow me to work as a TA in the 1L writing class. And I'm still deciding whether to apply for Law Review. Law Review is the most prestigious student-run legal journal in the country. It looks great on the resumes of those who "make" it. It is also a tremendous amount of work (20-30 hours a week). Even the competition to get on it is a huge amount of work. I'm considering it b/c it provides the opportunity for members to publish writing, which would help if I decide to go into teaching.

Okay, I've written too much already. I'll stop now. I mean, now. Now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mean...you can publish writing in any journal, not just the law review. Frankly, I think you'd be a great BSA. Law review really takes your whole existence, so do think about it before you give away half your 2L year.

Anonymous said...

Yayy... Kami's coming back to Sacrabama!