Monday, April 03, 2006

Back to the Grindstone

In recognition of the tragic end of Spring Break, I feel that it's time for a bit of a picker-upper. So I thought I'd share a few more of my favorite quotes from Property. Mainly to remind myself that there are a few good things about going to class. Haha.

Prof: "People who in the old lingo plan to 'shack up' together."
Student: "I think the court referred to it as fornication."
Prof: "Yeah, you can call it that too."

Prof, discussing relationship complexities: "...polyamorous couples. Oh, I shouldn't say couples. Polyamorous groups."

Prof: "They [the jury] have to be really--this is not a legal term-- out to lunch."

Prof, talking about the issues arising in interpreting wills: "The thing is we can't quiz her about that; it's one of the unfortunate things about her being dead."

Happy Monday, all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are considered FUNNY??!?! Is it just the fact that a professor said them that makes it funny? If so, WHY??

Kami said...

Guess everyone has a different sense of humor. Sorry the list didn't make your day like it did mine. =)