This is a problem I've discussed with several of my law school friends: law school makes you boring. Okay, maybe not everyone, but certainly me. I just don't feel particularly inspired with good conversations in person or in the blogging world.
I can't blame being busy because I still read the news online, and I see enough tv to be in the loop with pop culture. I just really don't have much to say about any of it. And I definitely have nothing to say about my law classes. I'm just happy to get the reading done and get to class.
So what is the problem? My theory is that it's thinking overload. In class, every minute detail gets discussed. And any conversations (about anything) with law students always become heavy. It's impossible to say anything without us picking it apart. So I think my head is tired. And that's something I never thought would happen: intellectual exhaustion. Luckily, Spring Break is only 3 weeks away.
Okay, now I'm gonna go rest my brain by doing laundry. How hard can that be?
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That depends - what kind of laundry are you doing? Permanent press? Delicate? Regular? Do you need to use cold water? Bleach? Will there be fabric softener involved?
Laundry raises alot of questions Kami. It's not something to be taken lightly.
Hmm. I need to do laundry...
I feel the same way about grad school. Phone conversations with people not in school are hard - I feel pressured to come up with something interesting.
Post a Comment