Ames, Ames, Ames, Ames....That's my life right now. For those of you unfamiliar with the strange territory of Harvard Law, Ames has to be the most overused moniker at any law school. James Barr Ames was the 2nd dean here (a legal historian!), and they've named half of the school after him.
The hall I live in is called Ames. There's an Ames Courtroom on campus. There is the Final Round Ames Competition--an extracurricular mock trial for 2nd and 3rd year students. The hypotheticals on final exams usually take place in the fictional "State of Ames."
And, finally, there's the required 1st year moot court called Ames. I've been incredibly busy working with my partner to turn in our brief for it. It's due on Thursday, but I'm hoping to be all done with it in just a few more minutes. I've spent far too many hours in the library on this darned brief. Other things have been going on, but Ames has sort of killed my brain.
This morning, I heard Howard Dean speak on campus at the National Law School Democrats Conference. Very cool. I wish that I had more time to attend conference events, but alas, Ames.
I'm looking forward to SPRING BREAK. It's exactly one week away. Headed to Florida with friends. I'm desperate for some sun and some rest. And it'll be good to escape from Ames.
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay for Florida! sounds like it'll be fun...feel free to call or e-mail if you aren't busy working on moot court stuff. Mike and I will be driving to Charlotte and back (1.5 hours each way) this afternoon and late evening
and you can definitely feel welcome to check in...otherwise, let's catch up soon! - Kate W.
ames, ames, ames. Reminds me of the smurfs, remember how they used the word 'smurf' or variations of it almost all the darn time. Enjoy florida!
Post a Comment