Sunday, January 22, 2006

Semester Two

Well, I survived finals. But that doesn't mean I didn't fail them all; I won't know my grades until mid-February. But I'm very glad they're done, no matter how they turn out. The 2L and 3L guys on my floor were so great during finals! They wrote good luck notes on my whiteboard, gave advice about professors, and generally helped make finals bearable. Living on a floor with approx. 20 guys can sometimes be a little overwhelming, but it's also kind of like having 20 brothers.

I went home for around 10 days. That was very nice. I finally got to read books for fun. And I had two interviews for summer jobs. I was offered both positions, so now I have to choose. One's in SF and one's in Sacramento. I'm leaning towards the Sacramento job. I have to decide by the end of this week.

This Boston winter is so weird. The weather here is nicer than Sacramento. It makes me a little sad actually. I kind of miss the snow, and the ice skating rink outside my building is melting. Not that I really want to ice skate. I just want other people to be able to. And I like wearing my down jacket and winter boots, but it's too warm. We seem to be experiencing spring in January. I wonder if that means that spring is gonna feel like winter.

Classes start tomorrow. I'm happy with my new schedule: no class before 10:30, and two days a week, I don't have class until 1:15. This semester I'm taking Property and Contracts. I also get one elective. Currently, I'm enrolled in one class and wait-listed for another. I'll either be taking Constitutional History from Reconstruction to Brown or Law of Democracy. Either one sounds pretty good to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What orgs are the job offers for? Congrats on getting both.

Kami said...

Thanks, Andrea! One job is with Lawyers' Committe for Civil Rights in SF and the other is with the US Attorney's Office in Sacto.

Justin: yep, I'm happy about all the pretty snow. And there's supposed to be more on the way. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kami,
I of course want you to take the SF job, just so we can have sporadic lunch dates in the city. If you decide to go with your first pick, Sacramento, you have to at least come down and say hi sometime.

Take care,
Marisela

Kami said...

I'll definitely want a chance to come visit you in San Francisco and get out of the Sacramento heat...