Saturday, January 07, 2006

One Down....

And two more finals to go. I'm hoping the worst is over. I didn't find the final that bad, just the studying. I really enjoyed my crim law class, which made it a more enjoyable final to take (if there is such a thing). But just making it over the hurdle of first law school final feels good. For those of you who have seen "The Paper Chase," most of the depiction of law school seems off to me, but the mood in the dorms around finals wasn't that far off base.

I've just discovered that some people here at school are reading my blog. No worries; glad to have you, but I'm surprised you really have any interest in what I put on here. Actually, I'm fairly surprised that anyone cares to read what I put on here. I'll try to be more interesting from now on.

Hmm, now that I made that promise, I'm already feeling the pressure. What else can I say? Well, I can elaborate on the mess of a human being I've become thanks to finals. I've been found staring helplessly at the cafeteria salad bar. I guess I must have zoned out trying to decide between salad containers. I've lost my wallet once and my keys twice. All were discovered in my room.

The worst loss, though, was my CA identification card. I think I lost it on the plane coming back here. It's mainly a problem because I'm flying on Wednesday. I had to call the Cali DMV. The woman had me fax my itinerary and pay for them to FedEx me a photo with a letter from them. I will then have to show this at the airport. Guess who's definitely getting the pat down search? Anyhow, I just think it's great timing on my part.

Well, that's all for now. I appreciate all the finals-related well-wishing. Feel free to say a prayer for me to any deity you think might help. Seriously, I can use any assistance I can get. Or if you're sleeping with any of my professors, please put in a good word for me. Just kidding; we have blind grading here. Of course, it still couldn't hurt to try.

1 comment:

K8 said...

Pat down? Make sure he's cute :)

GOOD LUCK! :)