Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Moving to Sweden

Sometimes this country really p***** me off. I mean we've produced war, corporate greed, Michael Jackson, George W. Bush, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But what has me annoyed right now is our government and it's lack of utility for the citizens.

This morning, I finally managed to convince the IRS (after a few months of trying) that I really don't owe them money. See, the problem was that the fine State of California never sent me the legally required W-2 listing my unemployment tax withholdings. So the IRS couldn't figure out that they had already been paid. What a smart country we live in.

Meanwhile, I need to provide Harvard with proof of my immunizations. I've already had all the required ones-- I had to in order to attend school in California. But the issue is that I have absolutely no record of it. My doctor has long since lost them. The elementary school I attended also lost them back when I was there. So every other school I've been to has taken it on good faith that there was no way I could have gone to the previous school without the immunizations.

But Harvard doesn't care about California laws. And so, I have to go get the shots again. But I have no medical insurance, and I've called 3 local clinics. They all say the same thing: they only give immunizations to children. So I'm stuck, and all because this country can't get its act together and provide universal health care. I wish I lived in Europe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you buy all the meds, I can jab you, what are friends for...though I don't have any previous experience in this area....

Yes, Europe has healthcare, but if Jacko moves out there, AND they already have Eurodisney...what's next?