Friday, January 05, 2007

Deep in the Heart

Blogging today from Texas. I'm really enjoying my clinical experience here. Everyone is nice, the work is interesting, and the weather is fabulous.

Austin is an interesting city. Home to the University of Texas, Austin is filled with college students and is famous for its nightlife. It is also the capital of TX and known as a liberal haven in a conservative state. Supposedly, the city's unofficial motto is "Keep Austin Weird."

But what stands out to me is that Austin really reminds me of Sacramento. It's big and spread out. A big capitol building sits in the middle of downtown. It has a river that marks the beginning of the downtown region. And despite its motto, it seems no more "far out" than Sacramento.

I haven't remembered to grab my camera yet, but I'll try to post a few pics to capture my Texas odyssey in the next couple of weeks.

P.S. I've updated to the new version of Blogger. Let me know whether you like this new format. It looks different, but it also has new features.

No comments: