Oh, hello. I'm sorry I've neglected you. It's just that you're part of the outside world. A world that very easily gets left behind during law school. It's strange to me: I came to law school b/c I wanted to gain skills that will help me contribute to the world, and yet, I find that it's very difficult to really keep up with anything that occurs outside of this campus.
Yeah, I read the news on the internet. And the tv in the lounge is always on. But my contact with "the outside" is always haphazard, captured in glimpses between Harvard-related stuff. I am really craving some order and organization in my life. I want to know when my obligations will be. I want to make orderly progress through a list of things to do. But it seems that here, there's always something new popping up, and my plans never stay firm for long.
Just to give you an idea, I am now on the mailing list for: the HLS Democrats, HLS Catholic Students, HLS Women's Law Association, HLS Black Students Association, the HLS California Club, the Journal of Legislation, and the Civil Rights, Civil Liberties Law Journal. Heck, there might be a few more I don't know about. And I none of those groups have made it clear to me when their regular meeting times are.
I've also joined a "reading group." It's an opportunity to meet with a prof. and a few students to discuss some readings on a particular topic. No grades, no credit. Just extra reading. Why did that sound like a good idea?
Okay, back to my forgotten hobby: actually preparing for class.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome! I was just wondering about cleansing my colon!
: <------ Here's a picture of my colon for the photo album.
But what does this have to do with Kami's post?
rule number one of mailing lists is to find out if there's a mailing list for free food!
that colon-cleansing website appears to be bullshit. for REAL colon-cleansing, you want colon blow! it describes itself as "natural, aggressive, and humorous."
if you order it, they'll send you a free t-shirt, which most people probably end up burning so that no one will ever find out.
the testimonials are both funny and horrifying.
Post a Comment