This week has definitely been a whirlwind. The semester is ending, so I've got all kinds of final projects. And of course, there are Christmas presents to buy and make (and stress over). The sad news this week is that my sister lost her baby. The doctor couldn't find a heartbeat at the 8-week check-up. So if you get a chance, say a prayer or think good thoughts for her.
There was also some happy news this week. I got accepted at Stanford, Harvard, and Cal. I can't believe that I got into all these schools, and it all happened within one week! It seemed like each day brought a new surprise; I definitely didn't expect to hear so early. I am expecting to hear from a few schools in December, but none of those are on the list! Anyhow, I can already tell I'm gonna have real difficulty deciding where to go, but for right now, I'm just enjoying getting in.
Here's hoping Cal doesn't get screwed tomorrow when they announce the BCS Bowl berths. I think an impartial analysis shows Cal is so, so, so much better than Texas. And I think it's pretty uncool that Texas is trying to "campaign" for a spot; if they really deserve to be there, they should let the record speak for itself. Anyhow, we'll see how it all goes... I'm keeping my fingers crossed....
Saturday, December 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Uh, no, sorry, we got screwed. Yet another questionable victory from Texas.
unfortunately, some coaches feel it necessary to whine and complain and cry when things aren't going their way. and while texas is clearly inferior, the team that's really to blame is utah. them and a certain whiney coach and his partners in crime. what a load of crap.
wow, stanfurd, harvard and cal. kate has smart friends. my hope is that if i hang out with her enough, i'll be smart too!
Post a Comment