Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blech.

As I type, my words are literally a blur. I have a fever. It sucks. After having had the stomach flu a few weeks ago and at least a few other bouts with illness this school year, I'm seriously wondering what I'm doing wrong.

I wash my hands religiously, I take vitamin C, drink orange juice, swallow Airborne tablets at the first sign of anyone around being sick. So why do I keep catching every single bug that goes around?

My first mistake is almost undeniably that I live in the dorms. It's pretty much a petri dish of disgusting illness. Also, I'm sure that I should probably shun anyone who so much as sniffles, but I have a tendency to get in long discussions with such folks.

Or maybe it's just a healthy childhood catching up with me. I almost never got sick as a kid--only threw up once, had perfect attendance in school most years because I never had a reason to miss. Perhaps I just haven't built up the usual immunity, and I'm paying for it now.
Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's because you don't drink enough.