Sunday, December 04, 2005

Counting Down

Twelve days till I go home. Not that I'm counting. Oh yeah, wait, I am. I can't wait to get back to Cali. Sure, I will still have finals to deal with in January, but it's just gonna be very nice to be at home.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the snow. It's so pretty, and I think it might be preferable to the endless rain we get in Sacto. Plus, it makes me feel all Christmas-y.

Still, the thought of home is pretty nice too. I'm currently applying for summer jobs, and almost all of them are back on the west coast. Mostly, Cambridge isn't that different from Berkeley, but every now and then, I'm reminded how much more I love home. For example, today I went to the drug store to buy aloe vera, and the people who worked there had no clue what I was talking about. They had never heard of plain old aloe vera gel. Odd. It's in every drug store I've ever been in in California.

California, California, here I come.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyone else from the sacramento area seems to just luuuuuuv snow when they move someplace that has it. i take it as a personal affront! "you! you there! little bits of ice falling from the sky! get off my property! go away!"

Anonymous said...

you can buy aloe vera gel at drugstore.com

Anonymous said...

8 hours till winter break for me.... yea!!!!!!!!!
-jen t.