Ah. Mid-January. Heaven of heavens. When, oh, when, will it arrrive?
Normally, I wouldn't be looking forward to the depths of winter (especially since I've just moved to the sub-arctic climes of New England), but right now, it sounds idyllic.
That's because in mid-January, I'll be done with this semester. Thanksgiving, I'll spend writing a memo and putting together outlines for finals. December will be a desperate attempt to actually understand my courses. Over Christmas, I'll be dreading my upcoming exams. And early January will be spent in the mire of cramming and test-taking. But by mid-January, I'll be free.
Plus, I'm sick of all my classes. Even crim, which I've really enjoyed all along, is sort of bottoming out for me. We're studying search warrants, and the decisions are all mucky and unclear. Not so fun to try to keep all the rules apart.
It's getting to that point in the semester where all of the commitments I've made start piling up. I'm helping to organize an event with the campus Dems, planning a community service activity, am trying to fulfill some promises I made to my mom, am starting to work on presents, and then there's school.
Okay, the complaints stop here. Time to take some notes (yeah, I'm writing this in Torts class).
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i graduated this year from law school in the boston area -- not in the same league as HLS, but i did manage to pass the bar. anyway, i still have some of my class & bar review notes i could e-mail you if you think they might help.
Good luck w/ finals.
MM
PS -- for civ pro cramming, blond's civil procedure is v. helpful.
PPS -- don't get sucked into doing an outline just b/c everyone else is, if that's not your style of learning. i never outlined a single course and did just fine.
Wow-thanks; that would be awesome!
I think outlining in some form will be helpful to me or at least I need to go back over the semester to try to get a feel for the big picture.
I'll definitely check out blond's--we have glannon, but I'm not really a big fan of his writing style. And I need all the help I can get with civ pro.
um, im going to need an email address you use in order to send anything. you can email it to me at missminkoff@yahoo.com, if you prefer.
Post a Comment