My section took a field trip to the local federal courthouse today. It was pretty fun. Just thought I'd share a few of my favorite quotes from the visit. They quotes came from a pre-trial hearing about who should have guardianship over an elderly man.
Lawyer #1: "This is not a dead body and a will."
--------
Lawyer#1: "[The other lawyer] takes the argument that he [the old man in question] should be in Texas. I call that 'the Hillary Clinton argument.' Some people say, put her on a plane and send her back to Arkansas. I say, ask the people of New York. States don't have the right to pick their citizens."
Lawyer #2: "He says states can't choose their citizens. Well, lawyers don't have the right to pick their courts."
-------
And my favorite:
Judge: "It's not like ATM justice: you shove in a brief and it spits out an answer."
(She was saying it will take her some time to make a decision--she was awesome; just like Judge Judy).
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment