That's right. I'm not back in California yet. If everything had gone as planned, I would have been there yesterday (Friday) afternoon. Finals are over, the dorms are mostly empty, but I'm still here.
You see, I got sick during finals. A little cough at first. Eventually, that cough grew. And it grew until it became a big, hacking, can't sleep at night kind of cough. After a couple of trips to the health center, I decided that I just couldn't manage packing and taking the 7 hour flight home feeling as badly as I did. So I moved my flight later.
Thanks to time and a whole bunch of prescription meds, I'm finally starting to improve. Still have the cough, still wake up every night, but I'm definitely feeling a lot better. Which is good because I'm currently working on the law review competition (we have to edit a fake article and write a 20 page comment on a Supreme Court case). I will be flying home waaaay too early Tuesday morning. Sadly, I will be taking the law review competition with me.
My life will officially be mine again after Friday. I'm looking forward to it. Then I start work.
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather. Hope you get better soon! Gimme a call when you get back into town. I had lunch with Mr. Dowdy the other day and he was thrilled to hear that you're gonna be in town this summer :)
Thanks, dear! I will definitely give you a call very soon. I want to hear all about what's going on with you! =)
Post a Comment